Dry or rough lips not only ruin your look, they can cause you significant pain and discomfort. Regular exfoliating and moisturizing your lips can keep them healthy, smooth and luscious.
But, it’s important to know how to exfoliate your lips correctly so as to not cause any damage. Read on here to find out all about lips exfoliation including best way to exfoliate lips, natural lip scrubs and top brand pre-packaged lip scrubs.
How Do You Exfoliate Your Lips Properly At Home?
You will need:
- (i) Soft Toothbrush: Keep one especially for this purpose, not to be mixed up with your usual. If you have sensitive skin, use a children’s toothbrush. Alternatively, you can use your fingertips.
- (ii) Lip Scrub: You can make your own at home or buy one from market.
- (i) Apply your favorite lip scrub onto your lips or the toothbrush.
- (ii) Scrub gently with the toothbrush using small circular motions to exfoliate your lips firmly, but not roughly.
- (iii) Apply a rich moisturizing lip balm to help keep your lips plump and healthy.
- Make sure to moisturize your lips after exfoliating them.
- You can choose a scrub containing moisturizing as well as exfoliating agents, and let the scrub absorb into your lips by leaving on for a minute or so. Then use a damp washcloth to wipe your lips.
Natural Beauty Tips
The skin on your lips is delicate, so while exfoliating them keep in mind these important tips:
- Be gentle
- Don’t exfoliate lips too hard.
- Don’t over exfoliate
- Exfoliate not more than once a week.
- Don’t use the toothbrush on your lips dry. If you don’t have a scrub, dab your lips with a balm first so you don’t scrub off too much skin and create redness and irritation.
- (a) Beware of lip products that contain salicylic acid. Though they work to exfoliate lips, but can cause irritation if used too often.
- (b) If you do feel irritation from any of your products, stop using it.
- Here are three simple, natural DIY lip exfoliant recipes for you to try:
- (i) Combine one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of sugar. Massage the mixture into your lips and leave for 10 minutes or so. Remove with the help of a damp washcloth. Sugar is an effective natural exfoliant. When mixed with honey, it becomes an amazing moisturizing lip scrub.
- (ii) Mix bicarbonate soda with a small amount of water to create a paste.
- (iii) Combine brown sugar with some organic coconut oil to have a scrub of consistency, as you desire.
What do you think? Leave your comment below.. ..💋