Hey so you finally decided to get your bikini area into that perfect state. Well, Elite Beauty Blog is glad to bring to you the top important Tips For Waxing Your Bikini Area. Waxing the bikini area can be a bit of a delicate process and the least err could result to a bigger defect and we don't like it, because we beautiful people surely want to stay LIT!! Waxing your bikini area is also better in many ways than the traditional shaving. In this post, we are going to list out the important tips for waxing your bikini area.
Follow this tips and you are surely on your path to a sexier thighs and hence more budgets for summer clothes and evening patrols....my ladies can relate!! Walking through the street on your bump-shot or tanning your body on the beach mat..you surely want to keep those bikini areas HOT as Hell!!
1 Hairs should be about 1/4 inches long.
A big mistake many women make before getting their first wax: shaving. Wax can't pick up your hairs when they're too short, so Queen Bee Salon & Spa owner Jodi Shays recommends trimming it to about a quarter of an inch. If you're unsure of how long that is, just leave it alone. You can call beforehand and let your hair stylist know that you will need her to trim your hairs before your wax.
2. Determine what kind you want beforehand.Here are a few of your options: A simple bikini or American wax, which only takes pubic hair off the sides, a Brazilian wax that removes all or nearly all of the hair from front to back, or a French Waxing that removes all hair from the vulva and back but keeps a triangle in the front.
3. The time of the month matters.
"Don't schedule a wax within three days prior to your period," says Marta Camkiran, senior esthetician at Haven Spa in New York City. "That's when your skin tends to be extra sensitive."
4. Take a shower that day.This may seem obvious, but it's worth a reminder. You'll feel less self-conscious and your pro will thank you. Even better, taking a warm shower (or bath!) opens up your pores, making the actual process less painful. In the days leading up to your appointment, give your body a good scrub with a mild exfoliant.
5. Your lower half will be fully exposed.Before your wax, you will have to strip off your pants and underwear. Some places have disposable underwear for simple bikini waxes, but if you are having more hair removed than just on the sides, you will likely be completely naked.
The important thing to remember is that your waxer has probably seen hundreds of people's pubic areas. This is just business for her, so don't worry too much about exposing yourself.
6. It will hurt.I have tried numerous treatments out there that claim to be "virtually painless" or "totally pain-free." And friends who have been getting waxed for years, and are therefore desensitized to the pain, have insisted that hair removal "doesn't hurt at all." Spoiler alert: It does hurt. Unless you have the thinnest hair on the planet or zero pain receptors (or use a numbing creambeforehand!), having hair ripped out of your body can be slightly painful.
7. And it hurts some people more than others.A bikini wax isn't a walk in the park for anybody, but for some, it's worse than others. "Coarse and thick body hair is more stubborn to remove, so you may experience more redness in the waxed area," says Marta.
Related: How To Use MakeUp To Hide Varicose Vein
8. Your waxer will get up-close and personal. Very personal.Depending on how much hair you're having removed, the experience may involve a lot of — for lack of a better term — spreading. In order to give your waxer access to all the spots you're getting waxed, you occasionally may need to assist or move into awkward positions.
9. The hairs left behind will be tweezed.Oftentimes, there are hairs leftover from the wax that are removed using precise tweezers. Your waxer may ask you if you want them tweezed, or she may just start plucking without letting you know first. It's a good idea to ask beforehand so you can be prepared
10. You'll look like a plucked chicken afterward.After getting a wax, your skin is often red and irritated. Wear loose clothing to your appointment so you'll be comfy afterwards. For the rest of the day, you should steer clear of applying too much friction (that means skip the sexy time!), lest you may wind up with even more irritation. Good news: The redness should go away overnight.
11. Hydrocortisone cream can soothe your skin.According to Marta, the fastest way to calm post-waxing irritation is to apply a hydrocortisone cream: "It calms inflammation, quells itchiness and reduces redness."
12. Let your skin heal before you hit the beach.
If you're hoping to be bikini-ready by the end of your appointment, not so fast. Your skin deserves a breather after everything it just went through. And since you just gave your bikini line a refresh, you might as well do the same with your bathing suit collection, right? Choose from these slimming styles and cheap (but seriously cute!) suits.
What do you think? please leave your comments below and don't forget to share....