Natural Ways To Regrow Your Eye Brows
Some of us have sparse and scanty eyebrows, and we are always scouting for remedies to make them thicker. Though there isn’t a magic tip to bring back your eyebrow hair overnight, but there are certain things that can enhance the process. And for this, nothing can work better than natural remedies.
Here are the top 10 ways to grow thick eyebrows naturally:
1. Castor oilThis is an old and one of the most effective remedies for getting thicker eyebrows. Since it is enriched with proteins, fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins, it helps in nourishing your hair follicles. Make sure that you apply castor oil every day on your eyebrow roots, it promotes hair growth and also ensures that each hair strand is thick and strong.
Massage a few drops of castor oil into your eyebrows with your fingertips. Keep it on for 30 minutes, wipe with a makeup remover, and wash your face with warm water.
Pure castor oil may cause irritation, hives, and rashes if you are allergic to it. Make sure that you perform a patch test before using it. Black castor oil is excellent for growing hair naturally.
2. Coconut oilCoconut oil works as a conditioner as well as a moisturizer and is great for improving blood circulation. The fatty acids found in coconut oil work with the natural proteins found in hair to protect it from breaking The lauric acid present in it acts as an antimicrobial agent, preventing infection of hair follicles. The various proteins as well asnutrients like vitamin E and iron in coconut oil promote healthy and thick eyebrows. You can apply coconut oil on your eyebrows every day, but using it even a few times a week can have noticeable results.
Dip a cotton swab in the oil and apply on your eyebrows. Keep it on overnight. Rinse with a face wash in the morning.
3. Olive OilOlive oil contains vitamins A and E, which help in the growth of hair. Vitamin E nourishes each hair strand while vitamin A stimulates the production of sebum, our body’s natural oil, which helps with hair growth. This can be done at least once a day in order to see results in a matter of weeks.
Pour a drop of olive oil on your fingertip and massage it on your eyebrows. Keep it on for a couple of hours and wash it off with face wash and water.
4. Onion JuiceOnion juice contains lots of sulfur, selenium, minerals, B vitamins and C vitamins which are very good for hair growth. This aids faster and denser growth of eyebrow hair. Sulfur improves the production of collagen tissues required for proper eyebrow growth. Also, it strengthens the hair follicles. As onion has a pungent smell, it is best to uselemon juice to remove all traces of the smell. Apply onion juice to your eyebrows every alternate day.
Chop the onion, put the pieces in a blender and make a paste. Strain this to get the juice. Using a Q-tip, apply the juice on your eyebrows. Keep it on for an hour. Wipe off with a cotton ball soaked in diluted lemon juice.
5. Egg YolkThe hair of the eyebrows are made up of keratin protein, and egg is a great source of protein. Keratin is a major ingredient in most hair growth supplements. Egg yolks are also a rich source of biotin, which helps your brows grow. You will get a faster growth rate if you use this treatment twice a week.
Separate the egg yolk from the white. Beat the yolk till the consistency is smooth. Apply to your eyebrows using a Q-tip or a brush. Keep it on for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Egg yolk may clog pores and lead to acne. Use sparingly.
6. Fenugreek SeedsAlso known as methi seeds in Hindi, fenugreek is known to make hair look healthy and shiny. These seeds help in rebuilding hair follicles thus causing fresh hair growth; they contain nicotinic acid as well as proteins that stimulate hair growth. Lecithin found in them imparts shine to your hair and also allows your tresses to retain their natural colour. Fenugreek works efficiently in treating problems related to sensitive scalp. This pack should be used twice a week for effective results.
Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Grind into a fine paste and apply to your eyebrows. Keep it on for 30-45 minutes and rinse with warm water.
7. Petroleum JellyPetroleum jelly conditions and retains moisture in your brows. The petrolatum compound prevents moisture from escaping, and therefore keeps the skin moisturized. This goes a long way in helping your brows grow out long and fuller. Repeat this every night until you have achieved the desired thick eyebrows.
Apply the petroleum jelly on the eyebrows and leave it on overnight. Do not apply too much as it may stain your pillowcase. Rinse with tepid water in the morning.
Petroleum jelly is high in oil content. If you have acne-prone skin, it is not advised to use this home remedy to get thicker eyebrows.
8. Aloe VeraAloe Vera contains a compound named aloenin that promotes hair growth. it has a chemical makeup similar to that of keratin, hence it rejuvenates hair with its own nutrients, giving it more elasticity and preventing breakage. Aloe Vera gel is non-sticky and gets absorbed fast, so it can be applied several times a day.
Aloe Vera is also good for people with excess sebum. It will get rid of too much oil and open up follicular pores, thus encouraging eyebrow hair growth. It is effective for growing thick or voluminous brows permanently.
Peel off the outer leaf of the aloe and scoop the gel out. Massage the gel into your eyebrows till it gets absorbed. Store the rest in the refrigerator.
9. LemonSince lemons are rich in vitamin-B, vitamin-C, folic acid and other vital nutrients, they make your eyebrow hair grow much faster than any other ingredient. It is normal for your skin to burn a little when applying lemons, however, if the irritation persists, skip this and use some other remedy. Avoid trying this remedy if you happen to have sensitive skin.
Rub a piece of lemon onto your eyebrows. Allow it to be there for 20 minutes and then wash off with warm water. You can even put the lemon peels into ¼-cup pure coconut oil. Let the mixture sit for 15 days at least. Once ready, you can apply this onto your brows using cotton every night prior to sleeping. Wash off the next morning.
Do not expose your brows to sunlight for two hours after applying this remedy, as it can lighten its natural color.
10. MilkMilk naturally has lot of goodness, which is exactly why this is been used in different skincare products, it contains two vital proteins known as casein and whey. These two trigger and stimulate the growth of healthy hair. Doing this on a daily basis will give you the desired results.
Soak the cotton ball in the milk. Gently massage your eyebrows with the cotton. Keep it on for 15 minutes and wash with water.
Tips to Grow Eyebrows
- Eat Biotin rich and healthy foods
- Use eyebrow and eyelash serum
- Avoid wearing makeup
- Avoid applying lotions and creams
- Massage your eyebrows
- Comb to stimulate hair growth
- Drink Water
- Include vitamins B and D
- Avoid over-plucking
We love comments, please drop share your thoughts with us...